Wednesday, November 4, 2009

one of those days

I'm definitely one of those people whose mood is effected or is it affected by the weather. Fall is finally really here. I like this time of the year because the holidays are so close, but I love the warm long days of summer. I'm feeling sad today and the weather really has little to do with it.

We got really terrible news of a friend's father who passed away today from a long battle with cancer. I'm sad for my friend and her family who have had a really hard past couple of years. Selfishly I'm sad for myself because I really should have been a better friend. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the little things in your life. There always seems like there is going to be more time.

Anyway, it doesn't seem fair to go from that heavy topic to the light and lovely topic of Oliver, but so be it. Oliver had a great halloween. We had a halloween party. We made too much food, but it was yummy. The kids were adorable. Oliver loved trick or treating. After the second house he turned to me and said "more shopping mommy". Too cute. He was a very reluctant dragon. He didn't love being dressed up or having something on his head. He would only really have it on his head when he was distracted with something else. He actually got to be on a local morning show when they did a segment on kids costumes. He hated wearing that costume which was Frankenstein. They only way we got him to do that was through bribery. There is a clip of it and I'll have to figure out how to post it. It's funny because he doesn't stay still. For the whole segment you can see his Frankenstein head poking around.

1 comment:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Sorry you're having a rough day. Those are so tough... Hang in there!

I'd love to see that clip!