Wednesday, January 13, 2010

all good here

Things are quiet. Anthony is away on a business trip and we've just been hanging with our regular gang. It's funny because last year I was hoping to make some friends in our town and now I've made a nice group of friends. We pretty much see each other Monday through Thursday for a couple of hours. Oliver loves it. He's so social.

Lately people are asking me when I'm putting him in school. I feel like people are always waiting for you to move onto the next thing. I don't know why. When we were dating it was when are we getting married? Then the kids and now it seems like the next step is school. Actually one of my new years resolutions is to enjoy things more now and not worry about what's down the road. In general I want to worry less. I'm trying. Although I still hate flying.

But anyway, back to school. I feel like he gets a lot of what he would get at school through everything we do here. School will come, but now while he is such a good napper it doesn't seem necessary.

I should say school doesn't seem necessary right now depending on the day. Some days are different. If Oliver hadn't napped yesterday and it had been like it had been in the morning than this would be an entirely different post.

We are lucky we have so much to do indoors because it's been freezing here. I'm already sick of it. Once Christmas is over what's the point. I've been cooking and baking a lot. I have these amazing smelling spice cookies in the oven right now. I can't wait for them to come out of the oven to have them with my fifth cup of tea of the day.

I have some really cute pictures of Oliver and Sofia. Sofia is 10 months old and our friend Beth's daughter. Oliver loves her. She is such a sweetheart. I tried to get a picture of the two of them in front of the tree. It wasn't easy. I have several really great ones of Oliver copying what she is doing. I included a picture of him in his reindeer toes.

No comments: