Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oliver is two

Actually he turned two over a week ago. I had wanted to write something on Dec. 6th, but I was too busy. This is a crazy time of year. A good crazy. We went from Thanksgiving, Oliver's birthday, and now Christmas.

We put up the Christmas tree this weekend. He kept saying "I like that Mommy". We put popcorn strings on the tree. He recently had popcorn at the movies and he loved it. You can imagine what happened. We should have figured it out, but no we didn't. All of a sudden he was spitting a bunch of food out. I saw that it was popcorn and asked him where he got it. Of course he said "I don't know". We had to have a long conversation about the popcorn on the tree being different from the popcorn we eat out of the bag. He was really funny about it. He would say "popcorns. same thing. no. tree. yucky."

We are looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family over the next two weeks. I love this time of year. I don't even mind the craziness of the mall. Although this is the first time I have experienced toys r us at the holidays. It was nuts. In the first five minutes a woman with a cart overflowing who couldn't see where she was going hit me and another woman took my cart with my pocketbook in it while my back was turned. Cut throat.

I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking. I made an incredible chocolate cake that was so easy and the recipe recommends making it ahead of time and freezing it. I'll have to post that.

I hope everyone is having a fun holiday season.